Discovering and choosing healthy food and lifestyle choices can help keep your body and mind healthy, fuel your success, and improve your overall well-being.
Empowering healthy consumers, a priority objective of our Be Well. Do Well.TM sustainability plan, reinforces our commitment to not only providing tasty healthy options but also fostering a culture of health and wellness.
Our health and wellness program includes a healthy menu strategy, as well as nutrition and other wellness initiatives that promote and support healthy lifestyles.
Our programming focuses on these so-called 4 Es:
- Enable a food environment that encourages health and well-being by offering a variety of healthy choices every day
- Educate, inform and empower the communities we serve by providing evidence-based nutrition and wellness information
- Encourage a heightened level of interest and excitement about healthy and local choices
- Engage a community that actively participates in and is connected to a culture of health and wellness
Our Registered Dietitian
Erica LeBreton, RD. M.Ad.Ed
Welcome! My name is Erica and I’m the Registered Dietitian with Dalhousie Food Services serving the Halifax campus community. I’m passionate about food and wellness and am excited to support you in your dining journey.
My role is to provide nutrition support and guidance to those using our food establishments on campus. I am available to meet for consultations to discuss nutrition concerns and goals. If you have allergies, intolerances, or special dietary requests please reach out to us. We want you to feel comfortable asking the chef, manager or myself to inquire about a recipe or ask to read an ingredient label.
Book an appointment if you have questions about:
- Following a balanced diet while eating at the caf
- The effect of food on energy levels, mood, and studying
- Improving your relationship with food and your body
- Food allergies & intolerances
- Medical conditions requiring special diets
- Cultural food and traditions as part of a healthy lifestyle
- Nutrition and university life
- Residence dining menu questions
Looking to book an appointment with our Registered Dietitian?
Ask a Dietitian
Go Ahead, Ask Our Dietitian a Question. You may ask us questions through this form or email us at Dietitian@dal.ca
Many students living away from home follow specific diets due to food intolerance, allergies, chronic illnesses, as well as personal and cultural preferences; often lacking the support needed to follow these diets. Here, you can ask our Registered Dietitian nutrition-related questions and receive the nutrition support you are seeking. Go Ahead, Ask Our Dietitian a Question! Dietitian@dal.ca